Our Community Economic Development (CED) Grant provides up to $2,000 in funding to non-profit and Indigenous organizations within the East Kootenays for projects that support the economic vibrancy and sustainability of communities within the region.
Most organizations will receive funding of up to $1,000, but funding of up to $2,000 is available for:
o Indigenous organizations
o Projects outcomes that affect multiple communities or a region
o Projects that have matching cash funding of at least $2,000
Applications are on a continuous intake, but only $20,000 is available from 1 April 2023 – 31 March 2024, so once that money is funded the grant will close
* Have broad community benefit (ie. a large portion of the community’s population will feel or recognize the project’s impact)
* Be led by a non-profit or Indigenous organization. We are unable to fund for-profit businesses or local and regional governments through this funding.
* Take place within communities within the CFEK service area
For full assessment criteria and eligibility make sure to review the CED Funding Policy document below.
* CED outcomes of the project including specific economic and social impacts on the community
* Scope of impact
* Viability of project
* Who benefits from the project
* Number of partners / collaborators
* Number of communities affected